1/3 Photos of Easy Delicious Roasted Corn on the Cob
4 hrs 30 mins
The Big Cheese's Note:
They don't call them "roasting ears" for nothing. Forget everything you've been told about roasting corn on the cob, this is the easy and fool-proof way to roast that perfect ear. You should use a good charcoal grill (not gas) for the best flavor, the kettle kind is best. The husks and silks will come off with ease when the corn is cooled. Trust me, do NOT remove the husks and stuff butter or other junk in there, let nature do it's thing on the hot grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dump your ears of corn into a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Add the can of beer and the 1/4 cup of sugar. Let sit in the liquid and soak for 4 to 6 hours.
- 2Fire up the grill. Once coals are ashen, place your whole ears of corn onto the grill. Do NOT husk them or mess with them in any way.
- 3Grill for 30-40 minutes, turning often for even cooking. Husks will be blackened.
- 4Let ears cool enough so that you can handle them.
- 5Peel off the husks and the silks will slide right off.
- 6Reheat as necessary in a covered pan in the oven, or slice the kernels off the ears and mix with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Delicious Roasted Corn on the Cob
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g