Recipe by carrie sheridan
this is easy and nutritious...and REALLY good! surprisingly good for how simple it is...the best of comfort food, especially on a cold day for lunch or dinner!
- 4 potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cups finely chopped leeks
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1-1/2 quarts salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes and add to water.
- Finely chop leek and add.
- Cut celery and carrot into slices and add.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness and serve when at desired softness.
- Can add thyme and/or bay leaf and/or parsley to taste.