Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a customer-submitted recipe from our local energy co-op publication. This simplified version of the ever-popular orange slice cookie has only 5 ingredients and tastes wonderful! Kid-friendly preparation, too!
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 10 pieces orange slice candy, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir all ingredients together until well-blended.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Enjoy! :).
These were like a cross between a candy and a cookie. Next time I'm going to make smaller cookies, they are very rich and very sweet. I think these would be great for Christmas. I was trying to use up our leftover orange slices from Halloween. I followed the recipe, but I think a bit of water was forgotten. I added 3-4 tablespoons of water and that worked great. Orange juice might be good too.
We love the taste and ease of this cookie! Only a few easy ingredients and super simple! They also look so pretty! Great fall colors!!