Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This take a matter of minutes to to prepare and cook. If you love garlic you will love this recipe, of coarse you may adjust the garlic to taste. I like to add in a small amount of dry white wine to the shrimp just before it is finished cooking. Serve this with crusty bread or hot cooked pasta. This recipe will serve 3 people easily, you might want to double all ingredients including the shrimp to serve more than 3-4 people.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
This is a delicious recipe!! I am not sure why ot rated a one star from a previous reviewer, but my family loved this. We made it just as stated, and served it with mushroom rice and chicken. Garlic, butter and shrimp....how can you go wrong? A well written and easy to follow recipe, thanks for another winner Kitten!
- 8 -10 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (can use more garlic)
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shrimp in a bowl, and toss with salt; let stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium skillet over high heat.
- Add in chopped garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper; stir for 1 minute.
- Add in shrimp and stir JUST until cooked through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Season with black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish.