Recipe by Ceezie
This is a great recipe from Shape mag - I love that it tastes good and is lower in fat.
- berries, fresh (optional) or berries, frozen (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- yogurt (optional) or creme fraiche (optional)
For the crisp topping
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced walnuts (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Place the fruit in a medium-sized bowl, and toss with the lemon juice. Sprinkle in the flour and sugar and toss until fairly evenly coated, then transfer the mixture to an ungreased 9- or 10-inch pie pan. Don't clean the bowl.
- Use the same bowl to make the crisp topping. Combine the dry ingredients; use your fingers, if necessary, to mix in the brown sugar. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork and/or your hands until uniformly moistened. Carefully crumble the topping mixture over the fruit, and pat it into place. Place the pan on a baking tray, and bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until brown on top. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, with a little yogurt or Creme Fraiche on the side.