Recipe by Desert Sea Chicken
I think these enchiladas are better than any restaurant I have ever had, I made the recipe myself, very easy and very good! I regularly serve it to guest and it is always a winner. Sometimes instead of chicken I will use carnitas. I always make one extra in a separate dish without meat for my vegetarian sister.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 3⁄4 cup queso fresco
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) candiced jalapenos
- 1 (6 ounce) candiced green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts so meat easily shreds, you could also use crock pot, or slow cook in oven. Shred with fork and knife and put in a bowl with 1/2 cup pace picante sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine can of diced jalapenos, yellow onion, and can of diced green peppers. Grate about 3/4 cup queso fresco cheese.
- Pour 1/4 of the can of green enchilada sauce in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Use large flour tortillas - fill with chicken, mixture of jalapenos, onion and peppers and a little cheese and set in casserole dish opening side down. Do this with as many as fit in the dish, usually 5 or 6. Pour remaining green sauce over tortillas and put remaining cheese on top. Cook 30 minutes. Add sour cream on top and sliced avocado.