Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This does not require many ingredients, but is oh so good. This dressing can be used to stuff a turkey, or baked separately to serve on the side.
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top savory herb stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 lb sausage meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (canned)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and apple until soft. remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the sausagemeat to skillet and sauté until no longer pink, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Return the onion and apple to the skillet, and add the stove top stuffing mix. Add the chicken stock, stir and let sit for 5 minutes until absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.