Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious,cheap,easy and you can prepare this ahead of time... AWESOME . When we get our limit for the day, and have extra after the feast, I prepare this (either the 'stuffing' or the stuffed mushrooms) easily. Set it in the fridge overnight. It's super simple/cheap (requirements) and very impressive. If you can get out and catch your own crab..it makes this a very cheap dish.
- 24 -36 white button mushrooms, depending on the size
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Club House parmesan and herbs
- 1⁄3 margarine
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crab
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, from the stems (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Wash and take the stems out of the mushrooms,set aside.
- Combine green onions,garlic,margarine,cream cheese, and seasoning in a bowl and microwave on high for 1 min, stir, microwave again for 1 minute.
- Stir and add crab, mushrooms and parmesan.
- At this point, the mixture should be fairly thick,(and not too buttery, you'll be able to tell if you see it on the edges of the bowl -- if you see 'too much' add some bread crumbs for a better outcome) You want a thick porridge like consistency at this point.
- You could now store this mixture or if you had stuffed the mushrooms -- they can be refrigerated and heated and served the next day.
- Stuff mushroom caps and top with additional sprinkle of bread crumbs and/or cheese, if desired.
- Heat at 375 for 10-20 mins, or until bubbling hot.
- Let rest for about 5-10 mins coz the fillings are gonna be HOT!
- The reason this recipe is so easy is because steps can be done ahead of time and it's still turns out delicious every single time we do this. Oh -- and it's SOOOO versatile -- got one ingredient but not other? -- change it -- it's still great :).