Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother makes this unique dip for Christmas every year. We all eat it until we hardly have room for dinner.
- 1 (170 g) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (170 g) can small shrimp, drained (optional)
- 1 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup seafood sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (I prefer the medium)
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely shredded cheese (I prefer marble)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature to ensure easy mixing.
- Blend cream cheese and sourcream until smooth.
- Spread in a shallow dish.
- Spread on the seafood sauce followed by the salsa.
- Sprinkle the seafood on top of the sauce layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese.
- Finish with the garnish of green onions.
- Serve with crackers and expect no leftovers!
Excellent recipe, especially for seafood lovers! I took this to a backyard BBQ at my sister-in-laws, and it got rave reviews. I've been asked to make it several more times, and everyone loves it. I stirred the seafood sauce and salsa together. The last several times I've made it, I used frozen tiny shrimp instead of the canned and more of them. The frozen have better flavor, are a little bigger and a little higher quality. Also, the crab meat in the packet doesn't have as much incidental shell debris or taste like the can. Great dip! Thanks for posting.
This was a good layered dip. The salsa added a nice zip. The concensus was there was not enough seafood sauce, so I added more after it was half gone. I will make this again because it is so easy and most ingredients are staples.