Recipe by Tiphani
My mother makes this unique dip for Christmas every year. We all eat it until we hardly have room for dinner.
Top Review by Kat Wood
Excellent recipe, especially for seafood lovers! I took this to a backyard BBQ at my sister-in-laws, and it got rave reviews. I've been asked to make it several more times, and everyone loves it. I stirred the seafood sauce and salsa together. The last several times I've made it, I used frozen tiny shrimp instead of the canned and more of them. The frozen have better flavor, are a little bigger and a little higher quality. Also, the crab meat in the packet doesn't have as much incidental shell debris or taste like the can. Great dip! Thanks for posting.
- 1 (170 g) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (170 g) can small shrimp, drained (optional)
- 1 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup seafood sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (I prefer the medium)
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely shredded cheese (I prefer marble)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature to ensure easy mixing.
- Blend cream cheese and sourcream until smooth.
- Spread in a shallow dish.
- Spread on the seafood sauce followed by the salsa.
- Sprinkle the seafood on top of the sauce layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese.
- Finish with the garnish of green onions.
- Serve with crackers and expect no leftovers!