This is a simple, fast recipe for chicken curry. I have been using this recipe for over 30 years. I've tried other recipes but always come back to this one. Hope you enjoy! Prep time is to make curry, assuming you have cooked chicken on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over low heat in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- 2Sauté onion and curry power in melted butter for 2-3 minutes to bring out flavors in curry powder.
- 3Blend in flour, salt, sugar and ground ginger. Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubble.
- 4Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in chicken broth and milk.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute until mixture thickens.
- 6Add chicken and lemon juice.
- 7Heat to warm the chicken.
- 8Spoon Chicken Curry over the cooked rice and serve with accompaniments on the side so everyone can top as desired.
- 9Curry Accompaniments:.
- 10Chutney, tomato wedges, raisins, slivered almonds, chopped salted peanuts, sautéed onion rings, pineapple, chopped hard cooked eggs, crispy bacon bits, pickles (sweet or sour), flaked coconut, sliced avocado.
- 11You can also use this recipe to make shrimp curry. Replace the cooked chicken with 2 cups of cooked, cleaned shrimp.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Delicious Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 771.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g