Rez 70's Note:
This is a recipe of my grandma's. It requires very few ingredients and is quick and cheap to make, and very hard to mess up! It seems like a lot of steps below, but it's really very easy. This recipe makes a lot, but they freeze very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Additional Equipment: 3 cake pans (disposable pans work best for the mess) and 3 cookie sheets.
- 2Thaw frozen dough. This is done easiest by opening the bag for the dough and leaving in the refrigerator over night.
- 3Set out dough on counter until it is room temperature.
- 4While dough is warming up, coat the cake pan sides and bottom in butter.
- 5Sprinkle a heavy layer of brown sugar in the bottom of the cake pans.
- 6Drizzle the whipping cream evenly between the three pans.
- 7Once dough is room temperature combine the loaves and spread out on the table to around 1/2 inch thick. Spread out the dough should be a bit larger than 2 cake pans in size.
- 8Spread butter on the dough top to the edges.
- 9Sprinkle cinnamon over the dough all the way to the edges.
- 10Sprinkle brown sugar over the dough all the way to the edges.
- 11Roll the dough to make a long roll.
- 12Take unflavored floss and cut the dough for the pans. There will be 12 rolls per pan.
- 13Take Crisco and spread on the roll tops.
- 14Cover the pans with flour sack towels or any towels.
- 15Leave until the dough rises to twice it's size. To speed this up a bit turn on the oven to preheat and leave the pans on the stove-top. They will rise in about a half hour.
- 16Remove towels and bake in oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
- 17Rolls should be quite brown when they are done.
- 18Remove pan from oven. Take cookie sheet and place on pan. Flip over.
- 19TADA! Carmel rolls!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Delicious Carmel Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough