1/2 Photos of Easy & Delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup
This soup is the real deal! It is totally from scratch but error proof; you will impress yourself and others.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (750 g) package frozen chopped broccoli or 3 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1Melt butter. Cook onion until soft but not brown.
- 2Stir in flour and cook 3 minutes.
- 3Whisk in stock and broccoli.
- 4Bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Puree mixture (in food processor or blender).
- 7Return to heat, add pepper, milk, cheese, and Tabasco sauce.
- 8Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- 9Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 10If you are using fresh broccoli, trim off tough stems, chop and cook 15 minutes before putting in blender.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy & Delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 350.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.5 g