Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is an old family recipe. It's super easy and delicious! It is a wonderful finger-food or appetizer. We always make it for the Superbowl, Christmas parties, New Year's Eve, and other get-togethers.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- Chop onion very finely.
- Place ground-beef and chopped onion in large frying pan. Brown beef with onion on medium heat until beef is browned through and onion is tender.
- Drain oil from beef mixture and discard.
- Sprinkle teaspoon garlic salt over beef. Add refried beans, green chiles and water to beef mixture. Depending on the consistencey you want, you can add more water. Stir well.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, grate your cheese.
- Once the mixture has cooked for 10 minutes, add grated cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with Fritos (I like Fritos best!) or tortilla chips.