1/4 Photos of Easy & Delicious Apple Crumble (Gluten Free)
British influence on South African cuisine has brought Apple Crumble to the table. This version is not too sweet so I suggest not cutting much sugar if you make it as I already reduced it from the original recipe found on http://www.shahiya.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cut each apple into thin wedges.
- 3Place the apples wedges in a deep baking dish. Make sure that the dish is not too big so you will have more than one layer of apple wedges in the bottom of the dish.
- 4Sprinkle the apple wedges evenly with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 5To prepare the crumble crust, combine nuts, flour mix and 4 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl. Add in the butter and knead with your hands until the dough resembles breadcrumbs. Spread the crumble mixture all over the apples.
- 6Bake in the oven until the apples are tender and the topping mixture is golden (25 minutes).
- 7Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on the side if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy & Delicious Apple Crumble (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 112.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g