Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Pillsbury.
Top Review by mrs. astemborski
I made this lastnight for my family and it was very good! I used sausage instead of the beef, but both would have been great with it. I think next time I will make my own pizza sauce instead of using the ragu brand, but other than that I won't change anything next time! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 (3 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- pizza sauce, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pizza sauce until well mixed.
- Carefully unroll dough in pie pan so edges extend over sides. Pat dough in bottom and up sides of pan, leaving dough extended over sides. Spoon beef mixture into crust. Top with half of the cheese, the pepperoni and remaining cheese.
- In small bowl, slightly beat egg and water. Fold extended edges of dough up and over filling; seal all edges. Brush crust with egg mixture.
- Bake 38 to 48 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Cut pizza into wedges; serve with additional pizza sauce.