Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe my mother in law gave me.
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups Jiffy baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 32 ounces pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease lasagne pan. Cook and stir sausage and onion in skillet til sausage is brown.
- Mix baking mix and water til moist.
- Spread in pan.
- Pour spaghetti sauce carefully over batter.
- Top with sausage, onions, shrooms, and cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Check in the middle to see if crust is cooked.
This is excellent. We had some leftover chorizo, so used that instead of sausage. I left the cheese off until the base was almost cooked. I thought the cheese would get burned or crusty if put on at the beginning. We will definitely make this again and again!