Recipe by Fauve
No baking involved for my favorite pie! This recipe originated as a suggested recipe printed on top of a Cool Whip container around 20 years ago. I've even kept the actual Cool Whip paper lid insert from years gone by. Try it when you want a quick-fix dessert. It's unbelieveably creamy and delicious, and so pretty with toasted coconut on top.
Top Review by ThinOne
Bless you. This is my recipe that I have been looking for for years! I made it a couple of times and fell in love with it. I do not like the custard type coconut pies, so this was my dream come true. I lost the recipe and have searched high and low. You are my hero. This is a delicious pie. People were even fighting over it at a church pie sale and finally had a bid war to decide. The pie sold for $27....
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 8 inch graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, milk and coconut in bowl.
- Mix at medium speed till well blended.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Add extract, spoon into crust.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with additional coconut, toasted, if desired.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
- Store in freezer.