Recipe by Kree
This lasagna is easy and scrumptious. I got the recipe from Sharon Mello at www.helpforibs.com, who adapted this from a Weight Watchers recipe. I'm posting it in response to a request.
Top Review by Jane11808
This is excellent. I'm lactose intolerant and used the soy cheese. Excellent is all i can say! The veggies were a great choice and were awesome. Overall I would make this again. It's also so easy since you don't have to ground any beef/turkey. Thanks again! This is a keeper! I used the tofu and it turned out amazing.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar fat free spaghetti sauce or 1 (28 ounce) jar reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 -2 cup sliced or chopped vegetables, of your choice (I like zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) container extra-firm silken tofu, broken up (I use Mori Nu Lite)
- 1 (8 ounce) package soy mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use Veggie Shreds)
- 4 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread 1/3 of sauce on bottom of dish; arrange 3 lasagna noodles in single layer over sauce.
- Top with another 1/3 of sauce, all veggies, all the tofu, half the mozzarella, then remaining noodles in single layer.
- Spread evenly with remaining sauce, cover dish with foil, and bake until noodles are tender and mixture is piping hot, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and soy parmesan; bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.