Recipe by Oolala
From a community cookbook submitted by Mrs. John Evans. This uses cooked rice and cooked shrimp so it is really a "no cook" style recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing, your favorite brand
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the French dressing with the rice in a large bowl.
- Blend the mayonnaise with the onion, curry powder, salt, pepper, and mustard and add to the rice blend.
- Just before serving, take half the shrimp and cut them in half.
- Blend this into the mixture and then add the other shrimp whole (not cut) and gently mix to blend.