Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my mom's recipe - it's very quick to make. I used to make this in college every Friday during Lent. You can make the curry start to finish in the time it takes the rice to cook. The amount of curry and ginger is the starting amount; I use up to twice that much, but adjust it to taste.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces shrimp
- Melt butter with curry, onion, and ginger and cook until onion begins to soften.
- Add the flour and stir to combine with butter.
- Add the broth, milk, salt, sugar and lemon and stir to combine with flour.
- Bring to a simmer and add the shrimp.
- Simmer until the shrimp is cooked.
- Serve over rice.
So simple and fast to put together, yet fabulous enough to please any foodie (like my husband, who I served with this for his birthday). Will definately make again!!!
This recipe is delicious and so easy!!! I used 3 tsp of curry, and omitted the ginger. I served it over steamed broccoli instead of rice. I will definitely make this again.
This recipe was really delicious. As we were making it we were skeptical. Boy! was it ever good. Thank you. Pat