Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy way to make your favorite Chana Masala
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned or precooked)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan.
- Saute the onions, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil until the onions are golden brown.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for ten minutes.
- Add one cup of water and mix well.
- Cook until the tomatoes and chile are very soft.
- Then pour over rice and serve.
Pretty good. There's an error in the recipe, it says to add garlic but the ingredients list doesn't seem to have garlic listed, so I only added a little powdered garlic, just to see how it'd come out.<br/><br/>I think I'll use tomato sauce or something next time, the chopped tomato was a bit much tomato for me, as I do like chickpeas. Overall a pretty good curry
I tried making it with chickpeas I prepared from dried, and it didn't work out very well (mostly because the chickpeas were grainy). I'll have to try again with canned next time.
Spelling mistake in Step Seven. pore should be pour