Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great zero point Weight watcher side dish or light lunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, cubed or 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Place cut up veggies in glass bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over veggies.
- Refrigerate at least one hour (longer is better).
- Serve with slotted spoon so that liquid remains in bowl.
This is a good easy, low cal recipe for those of us who need it!!! It is not quite like the one I remember my grandmother fixing when my sister and I stayed with my grandparents during part of WWII, but very close. Thanks Hugce
A wonderful salad! I followed your directions exactly using Grape Tomatoes. I let it marinate about 4 hours and it was so tasty. I love dishes you can make ahead of time and then just pop on the table. Thanks so much for sharing this, Hugce.
Nice salad. I appreciate that it has no oil in it. Splenda is not available here so I used regular sugar instead but only one teaspoon since we like it a little tart. I first heated the water, dissolved the sugar in it, added white balsamic vinegar and when it all had cooled down I poured it over the vegetables. Added just a pinch of salt. Very good!
Thanks for posting.