Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Perfect for those hot summer days.
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber and place in a bowl with garlic and salt. Cover with cold water and let soak for 1 hour.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Drain cucumbers. Place in serving bowl, add dressing. Toss and serve.
I remember something like this when I was young, though without the garlic! I like THAT addition in this simple to make salad! Very, very nice, & thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]