Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 4 cube steaks or 4 minute steaks
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 5 potatoes, halved with or without the peelings
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix soups and water together.
- Put about 1/2 cup soup mixture on bottom of crock pot.
- Add 2 steaks; put another 1/2 cup soup mixture on top of steaks.
- Add remaining steaks and rest of soup mixture.
- Lay potatoes on top.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5.
Unbelievably EASY! I used mushroom soup, one herbed beef bouillon packet (with one cup of water) and added quarted potatoes and a one pound bag of baby carrots. Layered soup, meat, soup and put potatoes and carrots on top and didn't stir. I think the potatoes and carrots keep everything from being too salty. I didn't have to add ANYTHING else, no salt or other seasonings. Such a perfect meal! Absolutely a great way to make a very lean stew that is almost restaurant quality, especially if you buy them on sale!! Serve with biscuits or rolls to dip in the gravy and you have a complete meal. Thanks kuntryqtpi!!
Good, belly-warming meal to have on the first cold night in South Florida tonite. I doubled the recipe to accomodate our family, and we all enjoyed it. I added whole baby carrots to the pot, and everything cooked up wonderfully. Flavorful, tender cube steak that fell apart, and the potatoes and carrots were perfect. Thanks for a hearty meal on this chilly night-we'll be having this again!
My husband who usually doesn't give opinions very often said, "This is good, you can make this again!". I liked it to. It reminded me of a hearty beef stew (I added carrots also).