Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A light & fluffy sweet/tart lemon pie that has half the sugar of regular pies, because Crystal Light lemonade mix contains aspartame sweetener (like Equal). Covered with plastic wrap, this keeps well for several days in the refrigerator. Baking time includes chilling time.
- Bake pie crust as directed on package for crust that will be filled with an unbaked pie.
- In small bowl, with electric mixer, beat egg whites until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until egg whites are stiff.
- Set aside.
- In food processor or blended, combine gelatin, 1/4 cup sugar and boiling water.
- Process on High about 40 seconds.
- Add egg yolks and process another 10 seconds.
- With food processor running, add Crystal Light powder and crushed ice.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into mixing bowl and gently fold in egg white mixture until well-blended.
- Pour into baked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Chill several hours until set.
- To serve, slice into wedges and top with fat-free non-dairy topping.