Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very easy to put together tart.Ideal for a simple supper with a nice tomato Salad. Instead of spinach - try mushrooms or asparagus OR add canned tuna OR chopped cooked chicken to the basic savoury tart mixture.
- 1 (300 g) packet spinach, blanched and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (410 g) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 60 ml flour
- 10 ml mustard powder
- 7 ml salt
- 5 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease a 22 cm pie dish.
- Place spinach, onion and cheese into the pie dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour into pie dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
Perfect little tart! Hey! I added fresh crab-lump - mixed with the spinach and egg - this is a bit of taste from heaven! I put in individual ramekins - and turned them over after cooling for 2 - 5 minutes. Added a bit of sour-cream to the top for a creamy taste. This is a recipe with endless possibilities! Go for it! And thanks for posting!
So simple yet so sophisticated and delectable. Thank you!
I made this exactly like the recipe said and it was delicious, but I can see that it has so many variations you could make with the basic recipe, it's so versatile. I will be making this again, it was very very nice. Thank you for posting. made for ABC tag game 2011