Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
These are awesome. You can put what ever you like in them as well. They are called egg muffins in our house.
Top Review by mrthing
These turned out puffed, golden, and glorious. They were delicious. I seem to always have some 'left-over' heavy cream in the fridge from making cakes, and this was a brilliant use for it. Much less work, and much easier, than quiche, and every bit as good. I'll be making this again.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked broccoli (chopped)
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, any variety
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin cups lightly with Pam.
- Divide broccoli evenly among muffin cups. Crumble one strip of bacon into each. Divide shredded cheese evenly among muffin cups. With a fork or your fingers, mix the veggie, bacon and cheese a little, so they don't end up in layers when your quiche is done.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Add heavy cream and mix well. Stir in seasonings. Pour mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Mini-quiches are done when knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
- (Note: these will puff up a lot in the oven, then shrink back down as they cool. Perfectly normal.).
- These can be refrigerated and microwaved, works well for a fast breakfast.