Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are awesome. You can put what ever you like in them as well. They are called egg muffins in our house.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin cups lightly with Pam.
- Divide broccoli evenly among muffin cups. Crumble one strip of bacon into each. Divide shredded cheese evenly among muffin cups. With a fork or your fingers, mix the veggie, bacon and cheese a little, so they don't end up in layers when your quiche is done.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Add heavy cream and mix well. Stir in seasonings. Pour mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Mini-quiches are done when knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
- (Note: these will puff up a lot in the oven, then shrink back down as they cool. Perfectly normal.).
- These can be refrigerated and microwaved, works well for a fast breakfast.
These turned out puffed, golden, and glorious. They were delicious. I seem to always have some 'left-over' heavy cream in the fridge from making cakes, and this was a brilliant use for it. Much less work, and much easier, than quiche, and every bit as good. I'll be making this again.
we used evaporated milk.