Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My grandmother got this recipe from a friend years ago and has been making it frequently ever since. It is my FAVORITE quiche recipe. I'm not a huge fan of crusts since I love the flavors of the quiche itself and feel that the crust just gets in the way. The Bisquick makes its own sort of crust anyways. You can used leftover ham pieces or crumbled bacon. Either way is delicious. Sauteing the onions in a little butter or oil first is key to a good flavor. You could always add other veggies here as well such as bell pepper or mushrooms.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup diced ham or 3⁄4 cup cooked bacon
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1 dash pepper (optional)
- 1- Saute onions in saucepan with a little butter or oil until starting to carmelize (3-5 minutes).
- 2- Melt butter.
- 3- Beat eggs & Bisquick with butter.
- 4- Beat or blend in rest of ingredients.
- 5- Bake at 350 ° in rectangular buttered pan for 45 minutes or until done.