Recipe by loriyeargan
These are really easy to make, and pretty tasty. The kids seem to really enjoy them too. I've used peanut oil before, and it gives them a flavor that is similar to the chicken strips you get at Chik-Fil-A.
Top Review by Chef 920429
Annother recipe for Pick Your Chef game. I had never used cajun seasoning before,and thought it would be to spicy-so I used 1/2 teaspoons.Next time I will try more.I didn't have corn flakes so I used corn flake crumbs.I also used peanut oil. Thanks for sharing Lori.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1" strips; sprinkle them with the Cajun seasoning.
- Combine the corn flakes and flour in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the oil into another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the oil, then coat them with the corn flake mixture.
- Place the strips in a foil-lined baking pan.
- (I use a 9x13).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn each strip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!