Recipe by E-Eva
I invented this recipe based on whatever I had in my cupboard, and when I cut into it to test the chicken for doneness...I heard a loud "CRUNCH". This is really great, tasty and really crunchy. And healthy too! Please note that the nutritional values on this recipe are totally out of whack because you end up throwing away most of the egg and breadcrumb mixture...not eating it!
Top Review by Krista Roes
This was yummy for our family too. I used chicken breast and omitted the breadcrumbs. It came out moist and crunchy. I topped mine with some buffalo wing sauce and ranch. Loved it!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning (or whatever seasoning you'd like)
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup brown mustard or 2⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a roasting pan with PAM.
- Whisk the eggs and mustard together in a bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients, except the chicken, in another bowl.
- Leave the skin on the chicken. Wash it and pat it dry.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg/mustard mixture one at a time, then drop them into the dry mixture and cover them completely. Do each piece one at a time.
- Place the chicken pieces into the roasting pan and bake in the oven at 400 for 1 hour or until juices run clear in the thickest part of the breast.
- If you notice that the tops of each piece are not browning and still look 'floury', simply spray some pam on each piece and then return the chicken to the oven on 'broil' for about 5 minutes.