1/2 Photos of Easy Crumpets
This is my mom's recipe for traditional SOUTH AFRICAN crumpets (little pancakes, or flapjacks). They are great for kids and they are melt in the mouth! My mom used to make a huge amount to send to school for birthdays - what a hit! They don't have yeast, so if you are looking for another type of crumpet, this isn't the recipe for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix everything, leaving butter for last.
- 2Grease a flat bottomed frying pan or griddle.
- 3Drop or pour small amounts of batter onto griddle.
- 4Turn and cook other side when bubbles break on surface of crumpet.
- 5Heat should be medium to get a deep, even golden colour.
- 6Serve warm with butter and jam sandwiched together.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crumpets
Serving Size: 1 (836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 81.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g