Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I saw this on Food TV Network, and can't wait to try them! Croissants are so expensive! Nice, easy way to make them at home!
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough, pkg. of 8
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, can use an egg wash if preferred
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Take two triangles, and place them wide end to wide end, overlapping just slightly.
- Pinch/press wide ends together to make one large diamond.
- Roll up loosely starting at long side, to make a long rope.
- Curve ends around and cross over.
- Tuck ends under.
- Kind of scrunch up to form a loose, round croissant shape.
- Continue with rest of dough making 4 croissants.
- Place on cookie sheet. (*Grease sheet if purchased dough states to do so).
- Brush tops with melted butter or an egg wash. (1 egg beaten with 1 tbs water.).
- Bake in 375ºF oven for about 11-13 minutes or until deep, golden brown! (My oven takes 13-14 minutes).
- Slice in half lengthwise if desired or for making sandwiches!
These weren't quite the same but they worked fine. I will make these often for the kids(they won't notice the difference) but will probably still buy every now and then for hubby and I. Made for ZWT 07
OOOH! I can go for that. I would have NEVER thought of it. It is a NEW FAVORITE!!