Recipe by Wildflour
I saw this on Food TV Network, and can't wait to try them! Croissants are so expensive! Nice, easy way to make them at home!
Top Review by Queenofcamping
These weren't quite the same but they worked fine. I will make these often for the kids(they won't notice the difference) but will probably still buy every now and then for hubby and I. Made for ZWT 07
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough, pkg. of 8
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, can use an egg wash if preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Take two triangles, and place them wide end to wide end, overlapping just slightly.
- Pinch/press wide ends together to make one large diamond.
- Roll up loosely starting at long side, to make a long rope.
- Curve ends around and cross over.
- Tuck ends under.
- Kind of scrunch up to form a loose, round croissant shape.
- Continue with rest of dough making 4 croissants.
- Place on cookie sheet. (*Grease sheet if purchased dough states to do so).
- Brush tops with melted butter or an egg wash. (1 egg beaten with 1 tbs water.).
- Bake in 375ºF oven for about 11-13 minutes or until deep, golden brown! (My oven takes 13-14 minutes).
- Slice in half lengthwise if desired or for making sandwiches!