Recipe by ND_Dawn
Easy and delicious! I serve with pickles and ruffle chips with french onion dip.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
The recipe description says it all - easy and delicious! I put the chicken and onions with the beer (Yeungling Lite) in the crockpot, set it on Low for 8 hours, and went to bed. Woke up, ended up adding the whole bottle of Hunt's original barbecue sauce (as directed) and ended up with a nice batch of pulled chicken for company. I made the coleslaw from my own recipe, though. We had a delightful meal with no fuss! What more could you ask for? A real keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 (21 5/8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Hunt's original)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer (I use Miller Lite)
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1 (8 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (can use 16 ounce if you like alot of coleslaw) (optional)
- 8 ounces kraft coleslaw dressing (can use 16 ounce if you like alot of coleslaw) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Add onions in bottom.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Pour beer over.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Optional: Put coleslaw mix into large bowl. Add enough dressing to cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Take chicken mixture and drain into colander.
- Put onions back in crockpot.
- Put chicken onto carving board and shred using two forks.
- Put chicken back into crockpot.
- Pour enough BBQ sauce to cover over and mix.
- Cook on High another 1/2 hour to one hour (or until heated through.).
- Put a heaping spoonful onto each bun.
- Optional: Top each sandwich with coleslaw.