1 hr 5 mins
Laura Ham's Note:
Very few ingredients...delicious as is or add your own touches. You can also prepare this on the stovetop, but I enjoy using the crockpot, keeping things on warm all day so I can just eat it when I feel like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup (I use Kroger brand)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli (I use Kroger brand)
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot (I use this when I have them on hand)
- 1Open frozen broccoli, put into microwave safe bowl, and cover. Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, turn your crockpot on low - put in your soup, milk, and seasonings.
- 3Once thawed, remove broccoli stems, put in food processor - consistency should be finely chopped to pureeed. Put broccoli stems and whole broccoli florets into crockpot. If you buy a frozen bag of only florets, use half in food processor (since you don't have the stems). I prefer florets, but usually I can't find a bag of only florets.
- 4**Optional:. Add some shredded carrot when you add in the broccoli, if you want. I would microwave it 3-4 minutes first with 2 T of water.
- 5Stir all ingredients and cook on high in crockpot 1 hour on low. Add cheese and cook another 30 minutes.
- 6Serve with deli bread or in bread bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 671.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of celery soup