Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is so simple and quick to do and you will have the most moist turkey breast to just slice and serve. The skin even browns in the crock pot. I like to make gravy and serve this as hot turkey sandwiches. This includes a simple tasty way to make the gravy.
- Place onion and celery in cavity of turkey breast.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper and place in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour broth over turkey, cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove turkey to serving platter, cover with foil to keep warm while making gravy.
- Place liquid in saucepan after straining out veggies, and add 1 to 2 cans chicken broth- depending on how much gravy you want to make.
- In a covered jar, shake together the flour mixed with about 1/2 to 1 cup of water until smooth- or you can whisk it in a bowl.
- When liquid comes to a boil, slowly stir in flour mixture, adding just enough to thicken it to your liking.
- Cook until it bubbles and thickens, stirring often.
We loved this way of cooking a turkey breast. It came out so very tender. I did make a little mixture of olive oil,minced garlic, onion powder, Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Sage, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. I love a lot of seasoning on my turkey. Rubbed the mixture under the skin and all over the turkey. The gravy was really good, added Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce to the gravy to give it a nice brown color. Will be using your recipe many times.
EAT! DRINK! NAP! (Oh, fine...but without the explanation points.)
The turkey was great. I didn't need to make the extra gravy as I had about 4 cups of good flavored broth from cooking the turkey, it seems my crockpot make a lot of liquid.