4 hrs 20 mins
When I used to stuff the turkey with my dressing, there was never enough so I had to make some of it in a casserole dish too. But that batch never came out the same, so I decided to adapt my recipe slightly and make it all together in the crock pot. It came out great (lots of compliments) and I didn't have to bother with stuffing (and unstuffing) the bird. In fact, I got to sleep in just a little longer because I didn't have to make the stuffing until after the bird was already in the oven (bonus). You can also prepare it through step 3 in advance. I make this recipe to go along with a 20 lb turkey, so if I make it right after the bird goes in the oven the timing is about perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef and drain grease.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan and cook celery and onion until tender.
- 3Combine stuffing cubes, ground beef and celery onion mixture in extra large bowl or roasting pan (to allow room for mixing).
- 4Add chicken broth and mix well. Note: the amount of broth you use may vary. I like my stuffing pretty moist and the amount needed can vary depending on how dry the bread cubes are. I generally use about 5 cups, but adjust this to your liking. It will not dry out in the crock pot like it does in the oven, so make about as moist as you want it to be when it is done, then add about 1/4 cup more. You can always add a litte water later if it looks too dry, but it will be a bigger ordeal if it is too soupy for you (requires spreading on pan and baking in the oven for awile).
- 5Place stuffing in crock pot and place turkey neck and giblets on top to help flavor the stuffing.
- 6Cook on medium-low for about 4 hours.
- 7Remove turkey neck and giblets before serving (I also give it a good stirring at this point).
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Stuffing (Dressing)
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1054.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g