Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My family loves stuffed peppers, but they are a lot of work. I love this recipe because I can make it in the crockpot!
- 6 green peppers, washed topped and seeded
- 1 tablespoon shortening (i.e. Crisco)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash basil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, with or 1 (8 ounce) canwithout seasoning
- Heat shortening in skillet and brown beef. Combine meat and next 6 ingredients. Stuff bell peppers. Arrange bell peppers in large crock pot. Can be stacked. Pour tomato sauce over peppers. Cooker on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.