Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my version of crock pot spaghetti sauce. It comes from a recipe that I received in one of those recipe newsletters that comes from a crock pot website.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced Italian tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed then minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- black pepper
- red pepper
- Brown sausage and ground beef, drain.
- Put sausage and beef in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- This sauce will freeze.
This was so very good. I wish I had doubled the recipe for more leftovers. I cooked this on the stove top on low heat for 4 hours, instead of using a crockpot. Thanks!
Best sauce we ever ate--absolutely delicious--made triple batch, wish I had more!