Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Paula Deen recipe and it is, of course, amazing! I was surprised how easy it was! She served it over rice on her show so I did the same. I just used Minute white rice. The prep time will really depend on if your shrimp is already peeled and deveined. It really doesnt' take that long to do it yourself and the shrimp is usually cheaper that way. This truly was simple and delicios! Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- green onion, for garnish
- Preheat crock pot on high.
- In fry pan, heat olive oil.
- Add peppers, onions and celery. Cook until softened.
- Add chili powder and saute until caramelized.
- Remove from heat and pour into crock pot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire, white sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Top with chopped green onions.
Followed this almost to a tee, but simmered on low overnight. Then added shredded chicken and cooked shrimp .... very good, very easy!