Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a simple soup using butter beans and black beans and Italian sausage or kielbasa.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces tomatoes, drained whole and then cut up
- 15 ounces black beans, undrained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, dried
- parmesan cheese, grated
- In skillet brown sausage, onion, and garlic.
- Drain fat.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with Parmesan cheese, if desired.