Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Quick, healthy and delicious. Just pop the four ingredients into the Crock-Pot in the morning and you'll have a great-tasting meal for dinner. This would also be great for larger gatherings.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces salsa (I use 2- 16 oz. jars)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- flour tortilla
- sour cream
- Place first four ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 30-60 minutes prior to serving, remove chicken, shred and return to crock pot.
- To serve, use chicken mixture as filling inside tortillas.
- Add desired condiments.
I put all of the ingredients in the crockpot just before I went to bed. I woke up to the wonderful aroma!! The chicken was so moist it fell apart. I packed it for husband to take to work for lunch. He ended up calling me at my job just to say how good it was and how everyone who had a taste loved it!! This recipe is soooo easy; and very, very good! The best part is that you can use the brand of salsa that you prefer!
Made this yesterday and family liked it. Nobody here (except me) likes black beans, so I used pinto beans. I only had one jar of salsa in the morning when I put this on, but it was enough. We added some in the tortillas with cheese and sour cream. I will make this again, and would double for casual company. Hokiegal
A quick and easy way to make a good, hearty meal. The chicken was still moist and the bean/corn combination was good. We used a medium hot salsa. I served this with sauted onions and avocados and Monterrey Jack cheese. I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing.