Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
You can cook this recipe in the crock pot as directed, but also comes out well when cooked in conventional oven at 350 for 25 minutes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated American cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- Flake fish in bowl, removing all bones.
- add all remaining ingredients, except peas, and mix thoroughly.
- pour into lightly greased crock pot or casserole dish and shape into rounded loaf.
- cover and cook on high 1 hour then low 3 to 5 hours.
- add peas around the loaf during last hour.
What an easy, fulfilling meal! I used mozzarella cheese instead of American, added frozen chopped onions and green peppers, and put the peas in the last hour. My boyfriend gobbled this up and I enjoyed it equally well!! I cooked in the crock pot, as directed, and also put a large piece of folded foil under the loaf for easier removal. The meal was moist and went well with the peas. I'll definitely be making this again.
This is delicious! I didn't have time to use the crock pot today so used the conventional oven option. The loaf stayed moist, and was just delicious! We really liked the additional cheese - I opted for an american cheese/cheddar cheese blend, and probably added a little more than a cup. I decided to make creamed potatoes and peas rather than add the peas to the salmon loaf. Thanks for posting! Delicious! Made for 2009 Spring PAC
Nice easy crockpot dish. I put two thick and long strips of foil in the crockpot first then the loaf. Easy to remove this way. I also used cheddar cheese as that is what I had. Also I just cooked the peas separately. Made a good main meal with plenty of leftovers for two the next day. Thanks Pam