Recipe by heartless1
Borrowed from "susan". The prep time and such are estimates. You can cook it longer than the directions specify, but it will likely fall apart as you're trying to take it out of the crock pot.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
I stuffed the middle with 1 cut up lemon and a handful of fresh rosemary. I also used both Seasoning Salt and Canadian Steak Seasoning both inside and out. The chicken was surprisingly flavorful, but mine was overcooked after 5 hrs. Next time I will temp it at 4 hrs for doneness. It was a nice, easy inexpensive and healthy meal! I will definitely try this out again.
- 1 roasting chicken (choose one that will fit into your crock pot comfortably, and serve your size family)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 -5 aluminum foil, balls (or about 4-5 foil covered potatoes, scrubbed clean, or if using foil balls only, make them the size )
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumple up 4-5 foil pieces into balls, or wrap potatoes in foil and place at bottom of crock pot. This will keep the chicken from sitting in it's juices and will make it roast not boil. Plus, if you do it w/ potatoes, you just have to throw together a salad and you're done.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry w/ paper towels. Sprinkle all over generously w/ seasoned salt.
- Place on top of foil balls in crock pot or on the foil covered potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH (very important), for 6 hours or until chicken is done.