5 hrs 7 mins
This is a very thick pumpkin soup that is so easy, yet always gets me rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 fresh pumpkin (doesn't matter what type)
- 4 -5 medium size potatoes (or for a sweeter soup, sweet potato)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (can be beef, chicken or veg, I just use it instead of salt) or 2 chicken stock cubes (can be beef, chicken or veg, I just use it instead of salt) or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (can be beef, chicken or veg, I just use it instead of salt)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon really to taste mixed Italian herbs
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 small onions, diced
- 1Roughly chop the pumpkin - most pumpkins you can leave the skin on because the crock pot cooks over such a long period - and place in the crock pot.
- 2Chop potatoes up into cubes, dice onions, place in crock pot.
- 3Put remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- 4If you don't want very thick pumpkin soup, add some water (careful - crock pots don't lose much water).
- 5Turn crock pot to auto - I usually either put it on before I go to bed for the next morning, or when I get up in the morning for that evening's meal.
- 6Pumpkin and potatoes should be very soft when ready for the next step.
- 7Using either a blender or a hand held barmixer, blend until very smooth.
- 8Serve with crusty bread, topped with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- 9This soup freezes very well, and lasts a decent length of time in the fridge. I do find that it will need some water added if you freeze or refrigerate it.
- 10For Vegetarian use only the Vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 421.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs