Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe was originally cut out of the Dallas Morning News and has been used for years by my family! It's super easy and can be made ahead of time! Great recipe!!
- Trim fat from roast. Cut roast, if necessary to fit into a 3 1/2 or 4 qt slow cooker. Season meat with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat and discard liquid.
- Using 2 forks, shred meat and return it to cooker.
- Stir in 3 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve meat mixture in split hamburger buns.
Really fantastic barbecue! I doubled it, was a little worried about the amounts of vinegar and worcestershire but it came out delicious! The cumin too! Thanks for a winning recipe Karey1210!
Awesome. And so very easy. I added the BBQ sauce with the rest of the stuff at the beginning and let it simmer to infuse the pork. The hardest part was waiting for it to finish cooking. Thanx!!