Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I got this from my friend KJ's MIL who lives in Franklin, KY. It is really easy and very tasty. The servings will depend upon how large your cut of meat is.
- 1 pork roast (your choice of cut and size)
- 340.19 g can ginger ale
- Rinse the pork and loosely wrap in aluminum foil, and place in crock pot with opening on the bottom.
- Pour Ginger Ale over roast.
- Cook on low for 12-15 hours (overnight) or until it starts to fall apart.
- Remove from pot, pull with two forks and serve with favorite bbq sauce.
Simple and easy! After I pulled the pork apart I put it back in the crock pot with BBQ sauce for 1-2 hrs. Will use this recipe again!!!
This was the most tender pulled pork ever. The foil is the secret as it keeps the top of it from drying out. I added a bottle of barbque sauce to the ginger ale so both cooked together. The meat just fell apart and shredded very easily. I then mixed in more barbque sauce after shredding. Everyone love it. Thanks for sharing this. I may use the foil method when cooking beef in the crock pot as well.
Two words...simple and DELICIOUS! Thanks for posting.