Recipe by Kellyonthetundra
The first time I made this, I honestly did not believe that the results would taste so great! I think that browning the roast first does the trick is creating a homemade flavor. This is my husband's favorite dish!
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut into 2-3 inch long pieces.
- Peel potato and cut into desired size cubes. I like irregular shapes, so I cute them into approximately 2 inch chunks of varying sizes.
- Coat roast in flour, and salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and a large skillet.
- Brown each side of roast in skillet, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Surround with carrots and potatoes.
- Sprinkle packet of onion soup over top.
- Pour can of soup over top of everything. This will look thick and messy, but it is not necessary to mix the soups or to add water. As the roast cooks, the juices from the meat will liquify the soup more and create a gravy.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, until meat is tender. I usually cook for 8 until meat falls apart.