Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a nice dinner to come home to, you can use from a 3-pound to a 5-pound roast for this recipe, don't add any extra salt to this recipe, the seasonings have plenty of added salt to them, and 1/3 cup dry red wine can be added if desired. This is a very good recipe for crock pot roast! Servings are only estimated depending on the size of roast you are using. I prefer to use blade roast but you can use any pot roast you desired even a pork butt roast would would with this!
- 1 (5 lb) beef roast
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package au jus mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 3 cups baby carrots (or use a small package)
- 3 -4 medium potatoes (peeled and cut in half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot, then place the roast on top of them.
- Place the carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- In a bowl whisk together the tomato juice with both packages of seasonings, black pepper and cayenne (don't worry if there is lumps, they will work our during the cooking).
- Pour the mixture over the roast and veggies.
- Cook on LOW for 8-12 hours or on HIGH for about 4-1/2 hours.