1/1 Photo of Easy Crock Pot Pot Roast
8 hrs 10 mins
This makes a nice dinner to come home to, you can use from a 3-pound to a 5-pound roast for this recipe, don't add any extra salt to this recipe, the seasonings have plenty of added salt to them, and 1/3 cup dry red wine can be added if desired. This is a very good recipe for crock pot roast! Servings are only estimated depending on the size of roast you are using. I prefer to use blade roast but you can use any pot roast you desired even a pork butt roast would would with this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) beef roast
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package au jus mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 3 cups baby carrots (or use a small package)
- 3 -4 medium potatoes (peeled and cut in half)
- 1Place onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot, then place the roast on top of them.
- 2Place the carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- 3In a bowl whisk together the tomato juice with both packages of seasonings, black pepper and cayenne (don't worry if there is lumps, they will work our during the cooking).
- 4Pour the mixture over the roast and veggies.
- 5Cook on LOW for 8-12 hours or on HIGH for about 4-1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 374.5 mg
- Sodium 1764.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 129.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix